Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I thought I would post my top choices. Thanks to Rachel for the extra motivation! As many may know Chardonnay is the traditional selection of the masses which puts me in quite the conundrum as I am not a fan. In red, Pinot Noir is supposed to be the choice but it is just too pricey for me, thought the same can be said for the reds I posted which are north of $8 a bottle So keep my predispositions in mind as I give you my three choices in red and white:
- Sparkler… NV Schloss Biebrich Sekt
- Riesling… 2006 Dr. Beckermann Riesling Spatlese
- Close to Chardonnay… 2007 Novella Synergy Blanc
- Merlot… Not a huge fan here either but the Dynamic Red Table Wine (review long overdue and coming soon, I promise!) is heavy on Merlot and rounded out with Cabernet Sauvignon and Cab Franc. Seems like a prime turkey day choice to me. Would guess even better so than what the Chronicle recommends as a Thanksgiving-worthy sidekick.
- • Cabernet Franc… Santa Ynez Valley Winery Cabernet Franc
- • Pinot Noir… if you must the Castle Rock series is the way to go. The Monterrey County was my favorite…
I hope you have a chance to grab the one of your choice and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Btw, If you don’t like my opinion get some more here….
- Good Thanksgiving Wine Under $20: 2008 Picks
- SFGate: Thanksgiving dos and don’ts
- Lenndevours: The Perfect Thanksgiving Wine Myth